India 5 October 2016: Bhringraj scientifically known as Eclipta prostrata and commonly known as false daisy is a plant which has many uses in Ayurveda. Bhringraj, is a plant belonging to the family Asteraceae. For centuries it has been used for improving the health of your hair and promoting hair growth and color. Massaging your scalp with bhringraj oil improves blood circulation which is needed to help strengthen the hair follicles and promotes hair growth. Bhringraj oil helps you to get a sound sleep as well. Bhringraj oil helps in reducing hair fall and increasing hair growth. Let us look at the numerous benefits of Bhringraj oil and how to use it for hair growth.
Benefits of Bhringraj Oil for the Hair
1. Daily use of bhringraj oil as a hair oil helps in preventing premature greying of hair and regains the original hair color.
2. Usually bhringraj oil is mixed with amla, shikakai and coconut or sesame oil. All these amazing ingredients help in making your hair thick and shiny.
3. Regular use of bhringraj oil helps in preventing scalp infections like dandruff and gives you a dandruff free scalp.
4. For ages using bhringraj oil massage was used as a home remedy to get relief from headaches and migraine.
5. Massaging your scalp with bhringraj oil helps to improve blood circulation to the scalp which promotes hair growth.
6. Regular hair massage using bhringraj oil makes your hair stronger and lustrous.
7. Bhringraj oil is known for it’s cooling properties on the mind and body, which helps in reducing stress and stress-related hair-fall.
8. Bhringraj oil It is a natural oil made by mixing bhringraj extracts with a any base oil and has no chemicals present in it. Bhringraj oil has no side effects.
Make your own Bhringraj OilYou can find Bhringraj Oil available in many brands like Khadi, Aloe Veda, Biotique and Neev. You can use any of these as they are all natural and do not have any chemicals in it. You can also make your own homemade bhringraj oil. You just need to have access to bhringraj leaves or bhringraj powder for making it.
Ingredients for making Bhringraj OilHandful of bhringraj leaves or 3 tsp of bhringraj powder
200 ml of coconut oil or sesame oil
1 tsp of fenugreek seeds
Directions to make Bhringraj Oil
- Take a handful of bhringraj leaves wash them and roughly chop them.
- Now heat coconut oil or sesame oil in a pan.
- After 3 minutes add the chopped bhringraj leaves or the bhringraj powder to the oil.
- Let the mixture heat for about 5 minutes.
- Now add a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Let the mixture Boil for a another five minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the oil mixture to cool.
- Finally once cooled strain the mixture and store it in a bottle, You can use this bhringraj oil daily to massage your hair and scalp to get strong and shiny hair.
How to use Bhringraj Oil for Hair Growth?1. Take about 5 tsp of bhringraj oil and heat it slightly. Now apply this oil all over your scalp and hair. Massage the oil on your scalp in circular motion. It’s best when someone gives you a head massage.
2. Next taking small partitions of your hair, gently start tugging at your hair roots to stimulate them. Massage your head for about 10 minutes and leave the oil on the scalp at least for an hour.
3. When you let the oil sit in your head overnight it gives you the best results. Make sure to wear a shower cap to prevent staining your pillows.
4. While washing it off make use of a natural hair wash or a mild shampoo.
Massage your hair at least twice a week for best results. You will surely see a big change in your hair’s condition in a month of usage.