MR SANJAY SINGH ELECTED AS THE VICE CHAIRMAN
Mr. V. Rajanna, Vice President & Regional Head, Global Head – Technology Business Unit, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), is elected as the new Chairman of CII Telangana for the year 2017-18.
Mr. Rajanna is also the director of APOnline, TSOnline and MPOnline, joint ventures between TCS and the Governments of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Madhya Pradesh respectively. Prior to his current role, Rajanna was the General Manager (GM) Delivery and Operations for TCS’s Asia Pacific Region. Rajanna was the first Chief Executive of TCS-China and under his guidance, TCS became the first and only the company in China to obtain five quality certifications – CMMI & PCMM level 5, ISO, BS7799, and BS15000.
Rajanna has contributed to the growth of the industry in great measure, by serving several Industry Associations in various capacities including policy formulation. He has been a part of the management committee of the IT & ITES Industry Association of AP (ITsAP) / The Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association (HYSEA) for eight years now. In 2012, he was unanimously elected as the President of ITsAP/HYSEA for a period of two years. Rajanna has been part of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) state council for several years, and has chaired the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) forum and the Skill Development Forum. Prior to becoming the Chairman, he was the Vice Chairman for CII Telangana for 2016-17.
Mr. Rajanna is a life member of the Computer Society of India (CSI), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Hyderabad Management Association (HMA), and a fellow of the Institution of Engineers – India (III). He is also a Senior Member of IEEE. Rajanna received Master of Technology degree in Computer Science and Engineering in 1994 from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal, India.
Mr. Rajanna is a recipient of many awards, some of which are:
· West Lake Friendship Award from the Government of Zhejiang Province, China
· Management Innovation Award, by government of Hangzhou, China
· IT Professional of the Year 2007 award, by the Hyderabad Management Association (HMA) in 2007
· In 2011, he received a special award from the Government of Andhra Pradesh for his contribution to the growth of the IT & ITES Industry in the state.
· In 2012, received the coveted Nayudamma Award.
· Greatest Corporate Leaders of India award in 2014 by World HRD Congress.
· Eminent Engineering Personality award, by The Institution of Engineers in 2014
· Distinguished Alumni award from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal, India in 2016.
Mr. Sanjay Singh, Divisional Chief Executive, ITC Ltd. - Paperboards & Specialty Papers Division is elected as the new Vice Chairman of CII Telangana for the year 2017-18.
Mr. Singh also oversees the Printing and Packaging Business of ITC Ltd.
Mr. Singh was a very active member of CII Telangana State Council and Erstwhile CII Andhra Pradesh & was sector head for Energy, Environment and EHS verticals.