Sichuan Pepper Benefits for health
If you are a foodie and love to try new cuisines then you definitely heard about a fantastic spice Sichuan pepper. This fancy name has fancy benefits too. The remarkable properties present in tiny herb contain incredible health benefits too. Do not try to mix the name with Sichuan which is a Chinese dish and here we are talking about the spice (a composite spice) which comes from Zanthoxylum genus. What are its abilities? This spice is not only capable to make your food tasty but also includes ability to give you a healthy life. From stimulating the immune system, reducing pain, boosting the appetite to reducing the inflammation this spice really works like a wonder.
In English it is called Sichuan Pepper, in Hindi it is commonly called Mullilam and Tilfda, In marathi it is known as teppal or tirphal, in Tamil it is called Sezhan Milugu, in Telugu it is called as Tokamiriyalu, in Kannada it is known as Kamte Kai and Jummina Kayi.
Sichuan Pepper is a most common spice which is widely used in Chinese and South East Asian Cuisines. There are many benefits of this spice and the list is long. From stimulating the immune system and strengthening the bones to reducing the inflammation and improving the hemoglobin content the Sichuan works very well. The Sichuan pepper also helps for a healthy digestive system and the Potassium present in it works as a vasodilator and hence prevents blood clotting.
Sichuan Pepper Benefits for health
1. A variety of micronutrientsSichuan pepper is not only for your taste buds as this peppercorn contains different types of minerals, antioxidants and micronutrients that are required by human body for proper functioning. Some of these micronutrients are vitamin A, iron, potassium, manganese, zinc, phosphorous, and copper. These tiny peppercorns also includes phytosterols, carotenes and terpenes. This unique combination of chemical compounds and micronutrients gives amazing results in terms of health effects!
2. Treats InflammationInflammation is caused due to oxidative stress which is a result of free radicals which are usually generated by the human body. The Peppercorns are a good source of various types of antioxidants and organic acids including terpenes and phytosterols. These chemical compounds have certain anti-inflammatory effects on the human body and are efficient enough to neutralize these free radicals. If you are facing issues such as arthritis and gout then you must have them in your food.
Free radicals are not good for human health as these are the main culprits behind various types of Cancer and other chronic diseases causing healthy cells to mutate. If you want to lower your risk from such chronic diseases then make sure you have a diet which includes Sichuan Peppers. The various types of antioxidants present in this peppercorn will help you in controlling and eliminating these free radicals.
3. Prevention of Chronic Disease
4. Protect the StomachAs mentioned above these peppercorn stimulates the metabolism and speed up the process of digestion. The Sichuan peppers contain various compounds which are clinically tested and are essential for digestive health. Common stomach problems like cramping, bloating, and constipation which are a result of an unhealthy diet can be prevented easily by having these peppers. It is also helpful to prevent more serious stomach disorders like gastric ulcers or colorectal cancer.
5. Stimulate CirculationIf a person is having anemia then dizziness and lightheadedness is a common symptom to go and check for it. The body weakness due to anemia is also known as Iron deficiency is curable and you can also prevent it. Sichuan peppercorns are a rich source of Iron and help you to deal with this health issue. Iron in your body is necessary to oxygenate the Red blood corpuscles and stimulate the blood circulation. A healthy circulatory system is great to prevent the above-mentioned problems.
The Sichuan peppercorns are analgesic in nature. The chemical compounds present in this peppercorn occupy the pain receptors of your body and eliminate the chances to experience the discomfort or pain. The nervous system of human body gets affected and you get a little help from the discomfort. It does not act as a strong pain killer or a permanent cure. But it can surely help you to deal with such issues.
6. Reduce Pain
A healthy and immune body is a wish of everyone. This 100% natural ingredient of your tasty food is a good source of zinc. Zinc plays an important role here. This mineral is important for the strength of the healthy immune system. For further boosting the immune system of human body these peppercorns also contain antioxidants and natural anti-fungal and antiviral qualities.
7. Immunity Booster
8. Boosts AppetiteIf you are facing trouble with your appetite and having various issues then it will further affect your wellness. A good appetite is necessary for a healthy body and you can improve your abilities of healing and repair by having a proper diet. Sichuan pepper will help you to boost your appetite as it contains several chemical compounds which improve the metabolism speed.
9. Strengthen the BonesSichuan pepper also contains some minerals which are necessary for healthy bones. To build strong bones we need a regular diet which has phosphorous, manganese, iron, and copper in a balanced amount. These minerals are present in these peppercorns in a very limited amount but helpful enough to contribute in your diet. To prevent age-related issues especially the very common osteoporosis you should consider adding peppercorns in your regular diet.
10. Blood Pressure ProblemsSichuan peppers are a good source of potassium too. This mineral makes this spice an excellent remedy for cardiovascular health conditions. Technically it acts as a vasodilator, which means the blood vessels and arteries go relaxed and high blood pressure can be prevented. This further lowers the potential effect of bad cholesterol i.e. blood clot. Therefore serious conditions such as atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and heart strokes can be prevented.
11. Healthy for VisionBeta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant found in Sichuan pepper. It is known for reducing the oxidative stress in the ocular system and maintaining a healthy retina of human eyes. This antioxidant makes this spice a healthy option to prevent the risk of vision loss and macular degeneration.
Sichuan peppers are more than a taste enhancing ingredient. They have several health benefits which are mentioned above and are a great ingredient for some best dishes you have ever tried. After reading the above-mentioned health benefits you will try to buy them. We will advise going for the whole, not for the powdered one. If you are having a powdered one then store them in an airtight container and under cold conditions to maintain its nutritional value. Although these peppercorns are not hot as Red chilies, or black peppercorns, but still the over usage can result in several issues. If you are someone who is having peptic ulcer disease then you must avoid it. It may cause stomach ulcers, stomach upset, irritation etc.