Caption for the images in order of attachments are as follows:
Sula Selections 'Globe in a Glass' Roadshow 2016
Posted by: Clara Fernandes at 10/08/2016 07:46:00 am
Caption for the images in order of attachments are as follows:
1. From (L-R) – Prarrthona Pal Chowdhury, Head Marketing, International Brands and Brandy Project, Sula Vineyards; Matias Gerardo Amstutz, Corporate Business Manager, India, Middle East and Oceania, Grupo Peñaflor (Trapiche); Rajeev Samant, CEO and Founder, Sula Vineyards; Robert Joseph, Celebrated International Wine Connoisseur and Winemaker at award-winning wine Le Grand Noir; Emma Hammonds, Regional Director, Asia, Constellation Brands and Cecilia Oldne, Vice President Marketing and Global Brand Ambassador, Sula Vineyards
2. (From L-R) Celebrity Chef Kelvin Cheung with wife Andrea and Cecilia Odne, VP Marketing and Global Brand Ambassador, Sula Vineyards at Sula Selections 'Globe in a Glass' Roadshow 2016
3. Cecilia Oldne, VP Marketing and Global Brand Ambassador, Sula Vineyards with Celebrity Fashion Designer Narendra Kumar and a friend at Sula Selections 'Globe in a Glass' Roadshow 2016
4. Cecilia Oldne, VP Marketing and Global Brand Ambassador, Sula Vineyards with Celebrity Fashion Designer, Narendra Kumar at Sula Selections 'Globe in a Glass' Roadshow 2016
5. Rajeev Samant, CEO and Founder, Sula Vineyards along with Marc Robinson at Sula Selections 'Globe in a Glass' Roadshow 2016
6. Rajeev Samant, Found and CEO, Sula Vineyards with Robert Joseph, Celebrity International Wine Connoisseur and Winemaker at Sula Selections 'Globe in a Glass' Roadshow 2016
7. Rajeev Samant, Founder and CEO, Sula Vineyards at Sula Selections 'Globe in a Glass' Roadshow 2016
The launch of the very first Sula Selections ‘Globe in a Glass’ Roadshow 2016 was a tasteful affair!
Sula Vineyards and its import arm Sula Selections with world renowned producers from around the world hosted a first of its kind event with 40 different wines and 20 spirits – all under one roof!
Leading wine and spirit producers from different corners of the world joined hands with Sula at what was a successful day-long event where guests had the opportunity to sample wines, whisky, liquor, tequila, brandy and more – and also meet the people behind the brands.
Yauatcha in Bangalore saw people from different industries, diplomats, industry leaders and even socialites coming over to learn more about the world of wines and spirits.
In a bid to provide consumers with a global experience never seen in India before, Sula kicked-off its three-city tour – The Sula Selections ‘Globe in a Glass’ Roadshow 2016, this year with Delhi on October 3rd, followed by Bangalore yesterday, October 5th. The tour will culminate with Mumbai on the 7th.
Wine and spirits showcased were Mud House from New Zealand, Hardys Australia, Trapiche Argentina, Cono SurChile, Kumala South Africa, Antica Sambuca, Remy Martin Cognac, Piper-Heidsieck Champagne, Ruffino Italy,Cointreau France, Don Alejandro Tequila Mexico, Drambuie France, JANUS and J Brandy (only Bangalore), Mount Gay Rum Barbados, St Remy Brandy, Volare Italy, Pitu Cachaca Brazil, Bouchard Aine & Fils France, William Grant & Sons (Hendrick’s Gin, Grant’s, Glenfiddich, Monkey Shoulder - only Mumbai) and Le Grand Noir France.
The exhibition also called upon eminent spokespeople from the respective brands to provide those who attended the event with an opportunity to meet and greet with prominent wine commentators and educators and help them understand taste, flavours and more! Distinguished names from the industry were - Nick Pringle, Commercial Director, Accolade Wines; Rodolphe De Leusse, Commerical Director, EMEA, Champagnes Piper & Charles Heidsieck; Emma Hammonds, Regional Director, Asia, Constellation Brands; Nick Rees, Marketing Manager, Remy Cointreau; Vitoria Cavalcanti, Third Generation Owner, Pitú; Jon Tracey, Export Manager, Boisset UK/Ireland, Bouchard Aine & Fils; Matias Gerardo Amstutz, Corporate Business Manager India, Middle East and Oceania, Trapiche will all be present at the roadshow event.
Speaking on the occasion, Cecilia Oldne, VP – Marketing & Global Brand Ambassador at Sula Vineyards, said “This tour was put together for our valued customers! Bringing wines and spirits produced or imported by Sula, and the people behind the brands all under one roof. Sula is today not only the leading wine producer in India but also one of the top wine and spirits importers. This was a great opportunity for Sula, suppliers and customers to engage.”
Guests were also seen attending master-classes on wine and spirits and indulging in some mouthwatering food and enjoying some soulful, melodious and earthy Jazz grooves by TSM Jazz Ensemble. The band comprises of immensely talented individuals, Nitish Sonawane – a keyboardist prodigy who has learnt from the very best, Zubin Balaporia (Indus Creed’s keyboard player), Geet Gupta – an extremely talented Bass Guitarist and Ryan Sequeira - an exceptionally talented up and coming drummer who has been mentored by drumming veteran Aron Nyrio and is currently playing gigs around the city. The trio lit up the environment with music that lent the perfect ambience to the wine and spirits evening.
About Sula Vineyards:
Sula Vineyards is by far India’s first choice in wine. Their award-winning wines are available nationwide at the finest hotels and restaurants, and are also exported throughout the world. Sula is on track to sell a million cases of wine in 2016.
Sula is also a pioneer in India’s wine tourism opening the country’s first winery Tasting Room in 2005 and first vineyard resort, Beyond by Sula, in 2007. With over 230,000 visitors last year, Sula is one of the most visited wineries in the world and the #1 spot where Indians first taste wine.
Sula Vineyards recently won the prestigious Drinks Business Award 2016 for the ‘Best Contribution to Wine and Spirits Tourism’! This is the first time an Indian company has won a Drinks Business Award.
Firmly committed to remaining at the forefront of Indian wines, Sula continues to experiment with new varietals, engage in sustainable agriculture and support the local rural economy. Sula is well on its way to becoming one of the world’s most sustainable wine producers.
In addition, the company is also a leading wine and spirits importer, with Sula Selections, a portfolio of prestigious brands like Remy Cointreau, Hardys, Ruffino and Asahi. For information on the entire Sula brand portfolio, visitwww.sulavineyards.com