India 24 September 2016: We all are aware of the uses of the amazing avocado (Butter Fruit) fruit, but what we don’t know is that the seed of this fruit which we usually throw away also has many uses and benefits. We have listed a few of the wonderful uses of Avocado seeds and pits.
Used as Ink and Food Dye
- To use it as an ink you need to crush the avocado pit with something heavy like a hammer or a stone.
- When exposed to air the milky liquid which comes from the crushed avocado seed or pit will turn red or black.
- For Ages this avocado seed ink was used in calligraphy and painting.
Germination Experiment for Kids
- Fill water in a small jar
- Wash the seed clean under running water
- Take four toothpicks and Insert it into the avocado seed or pit
- Now let the avocado seed Suspend over the jar so it just touches the water
- Place this jar in a sunny area and wait about six weeks for the avocado seed to sprout
Traditional Enchilada Sauce
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Pit Smoothie
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Seed Tea to Treat a Stomach Ache
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Seeds or Pits Ease Toothache
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Seeds or Pits Soothe Itchy, Sore Skin
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Pit Wind Chime
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Seed Candle Holders
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Seeds or Pits we can make Christmas Tree Ornament
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Seeds or Pits - DIY Face Scrub
Grow an Avocado (Butter Fruit) Tree
Avocado Seeds (Butter Fruit) or Pits are great for Foot Massage
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Pit Shampoo
- Take 3 avocado pits and Wash them clean and dry them
- Grate the pits in a pot using a grater
- To this Add six cups of water and bring the mix to a boil
- Let the mixture simmer for about 30 minutes and Let it cool
- Strain this mixture into a bottle or jar
- Mix three cups of this mixture with 2 oz. of natural shampoo
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Seeds are Aphrodisiacs
Avocado (Butter Fruit) Seeds or Pits we can Make Jewelry
Natural Avocado (Butter Fruit) Pit Fabric Dye
- The easiest way to get a pink dye on your textiles is to simply boil your textiles with the avocado pits and skins for 45 minutes.
- To get a deeper and more effective dye, you just need to add several pits and avocado skins, ammonia, and a few days to let the mixture ferment.
Outdoor Fun and Games
- Take several avocado seeds and dry them and bake and varnish them to protect these seeds against moisture.You can paint these seeds to make them look fancy. You can use them to play bocce, lawn bowling, or pétanque.
- You can also use these avocado seeds as juggling balls